Well after 3 ridiculously long days spent in the car, and one long awaited visit to Donatos Pizza Chase and I arrived in Richmond Va. Things started off a little rocky...We did not get our offer letter until almost 3 weeks after arriving. For a minute we almost thought we would have to pack up and head back home. But now here we are half way through October settled into our Apartment in Washington DC. We lucked out when it came to housing. We are sub-letting from the University of Utah, so rent is still ridiculously high but it is at least not a whole in the wall! (see pictures below) Although we do kinda live in the ghetto and we tend to almost always be the only white ppl around! But what the heck we're here and life is good.




Chase is working for Jacobs engineering doing something that requires him to sit at a computer working with big numbers and excel. But he seems to like it and he works in the building next to the White House cool huh!!! As for me, well my job took forever to kick in, but I have been baby sitting for some families to occupy my time. I have my first health screening event tomorrow and I am excited!
It's nice to be able to be on the east coast again! I have missed my trees!!!!!!!! We have been able to go down to Richmond a couple time to see that family and that has been nice! I even got to take the train down for Souper Thursday!! I made blocks! Cheesy but it was so much fun. Hopefully more updates to come!
So I'm a little slow to read this, but it was so fun to see pics of your apartment! It looks like it was a really nice one! Now back to Idaho!!
ReplyDelete